Thursday, May 17, 2012

DIY Butterfly Stamp

How to make a stamp out of empty T.P. rolls

DIY butterfly stamps from upcycled tp rolls


This is how it will stamp


I have a project I am working on, that you will soon see, and I needed a stamp for it.  Well since the project is all about T.P. rolls, they were the first thing that came to mind.  That is how I came up with this cute little stamp.  

It is so easy to make, just fallow along with my quick tutorial on how to make your own butterfly stamp and you will have one in no time.  So you can stamp your house up like I did.  I hope you enjoy my tutorial .
I just needed to add a few more pictures of my butterfly stamp because I love it
Well I really do love how my little stamp works and how easy and free it is.  So I am going to show you how I made it.  It is VERY easy and perfect for a beginner.  If you make it now, then when you do next weeks project you will be all set. Ok then, let's get started!


Step 1
Get all the supplies together
1.An empty toilet paper or paper towel roll
2.Paint
3.Small paint brush(Q-tip could work)

Step2
Pinch and then fold the T.P. Roll.  Shown in the photo below.
That is it! You have made the stamp


 Step 3
 Dip your new stamp in your paint
Dip in the paint of your choice


Step 4
Stamp one direction then turn the stamp, and stamp the other direction.  This will create the effect of a "pair" of wings.
See where I'm going with this?
Step 5
Now is the fun part. Use the paint brush to add a body and any other embellishment you would like.
Just paint a line down the middle for the body
I added some little dots, with my left hand
If I could do it with my left hand while taking photos with my right, then you can make them look amazing
So that is it! That is how you make a fast and easy butterfly stamp out of an empty toilet paper or paper towel roll. You could use fabric paint and spruce up an old shirt or just add a little butterfly to you kids lunch bag.

Well what do you think?  I hope you will give it a try.  Let me know if you do, I would love to see how your butterfly stamps made out of T.P. rolls turns out.


I love to party! So I am linking up at a few fun party's, check them out.


Pomp party at create.craft.love
Weekend Wrap Up Party at tatertots and jello

5 comments:

  1. So cute and a great idea! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. What a cute idea! I love tp roll crafts.. so fun! And so thrifty :)

    I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party.. its going on now! :)
    http://www.thegrantlife.com/2012/05/financial-friday-fabulous-features_17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Thank you so much. Your party looks great, glad you told me about it. I am going to head on over and link up now. I am also fallowing you...so I can link up more often.

      I'm off to bed soon so I will put your button on my page in the morning... because I am not very good at that :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! Great upcycle and fun for cards, homemade wrapping paper.....Possibilities are endless. Just like your amazing refashions!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim I think the Possibilities are ALWAYS endless :)

      Delete