Saturday, April 28, 2012

May challenge 30 refashions for 30 days.



I challenge myself, 30  refashions in 30  days

I am challenging myself!

Why?  Here is the story that led me to this challenge, if you care.  If you just want the rules, skip to the bottom.

I am going through a uncomfortable time in my life.  I recently had a baby, my first.  I gained a lot of weight with that pregnancy.  I did not want to buy any clothes in my, after baby size.  It seamed like a waist of money, after all I had planned on being back in my size 2’s right away.  I figured breast feeding was going to help while also making my tops way too small.  So the plan was No new clothes until I could fit into my old ones.

I started feeling very sick not long after the baby was born.  I started losing a lot of hair (I thought this was normal).  Then I started feeling dizzy and sick.  I went to my Dr. thinking I was already pregnant again.  NO, not pregnant.  They told me I was fine. 

At this point I have bald spots (my Dr said that is normal after pregnancy, I don’t believe him) and I weigh more than I did at 40 weeks.  I feel very sick and I am always in pain along with all sorts of other things.  I found a Dr who gave me some blood tests; I should be getting the results soon.  I am worried about them but hope they prove something is wrong with me and that going bald after pregnancy is not normal.

Still, a problem I have is I need clothing that fits.  My maternity clothing, while it fits is out of season.  That is a big problem where I live. (It was snowing and is now in the 100’s)  No matter what this health issue is I am still sticking to the plan of no new clothes until I can fit into my old ones.

So let the refashioning begin!


Rules

My rules for my 30 refashions in 30 days challenge

  1. I can refashion clothing I have
  2. I can buy anything at any thrift store for refashioning  
  3. I can buy new clothing if it is reduced %75 or more for refashioning
  4. I challenge myself for 30 refashions for 30 days
  5. I get to take of 3 days for my birthday.  
  6. *added since it's my first mothers day, I can do something special that day.(not sure yet)


Do you want to join my challenge? 

7 comments:

  1. :( I know losing hair or shedding is normal after pregnancy, but I haven't heard of women having bald spots. I wouldn't have believed your Dr. either. I hope your blood tests come back okay though! I'll say some prayers for you Kasey! I can't wait to see some of your refashions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to refashion!!! I will be checking in to see your progress! what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will see something that will inspire you.

      Delete
  3. Kasey-
    I am glad you stopped by to see the ski pole lamp because it brought me here! Following along because I LOVE a good refashion and you seem like the girl to take it to the top!

    I would go see an endocrinologist if the basic blood work comes back normal. They do more in-depth testing.
    And keep going to Dr's until you get an answer because what you are feeling is NOT normal after having a baby. I lost a ton of hair with my third but I did not have patches. You could have made a small toupee with all the hair that came out each time I showered!

    I might also try an Otologist ( ear, nose and throat DR. that just specializes in the ear part) because you may have had something happen to the balance portion of the ear that is causing the dizziness.

    Just a few suggestions and I hope this clears up fast so you can really enjoy that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will take that challenge up for the month of June! I've already decided not to buy new this year...something that frankly, I find too easy, and while I refashion several items a month, I'd like to do one a day for a month. I may even use this challenge to start my own blog...something I've been thinking about but shying away from at the same time :) Thanks for the inspiration, hon, its always awesome to find a kindred spirit in refashioning!!!
    Andrea of Little Did You Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea I am so glad you are going to try my 30 in 30 challenge. I don't think I am going to quite pull it of. I might do it again next month! You know what they say, if at first you don't succeed.

    I am so happy your going to start a blog! Its a lot of work but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thyroid my thyroid went crazy after babies.

    ReplyDelete